Explicit. Structured. Supportive.
Flying Start to Literacy: Phonics provides explicit, structured and supportive instruction. Lesson plans, assessment tasks, decodable books, and reproducible activities needed to successfully implement a successful and engaging phonics program are all provided.
The key components of a rich literacy program are covered. Students are encouraged to explore oral language with rhymes and chants, build vocabulary and engage in phonological awareness activities.
- The program follows an explicit and systematic sequence of skills and knowledge from common sounds of consonants and vowels to less common letter-sound correspondences.
- There are three modules and seven units, with carefully sequenced lessons throughout.
- Each module has a Teacher Resource Book as its base.
- Seventy exciting, engaging Decodable Texts (10 per unit) match the teaching sequence and support the students as they put what has been learnt into practice.
- Module One has the added support of The Big Book of Rhymes and a set of Alphabet Cards.